Air conditioning is an essential part of modern life, especially in hot and humid areas like The Woodlands, Tomball, and Cypress, TX. However, air conditioners can develop issues over time, like any mechanical system. In this blog post, we will discuss twenty common air conditioner issues and solutions for troubleshooting.
If you experience any of these issues and need help tackling them, contact Valliere Air Conditioning & Heating, LLC, the most reliable commercial HVAC company in Cypress, TX. Our trained and proficient technicians will care for all your air conditioning needs to ensure a pleasant and comfortable indoor space.
Contact us at (281) 356-3311 or visit our website to learn more about our AC repair in The Woodlands, TX. We are known in for our comprehensive AC services in The Woodlands and all surrounding areas.
Leaking ducts can cause cooled or heated air to be lost before it reaches your living space, leading to increased energy costs and poor comfort.
- Solution: Seal the ducts to prevent leaks. If the leaks cannot be sealed, you may need a new one. Our professionals provide the most trusted AC installation in Tomball, TX, and will care for all your HVAC needs.
Dirty Air Filters
A dirty and clogged air filter can restrict airflow and cause the system to work harder, leading to decreased efficiency and potential damage.
- Solution: Clean or replace the filter regularly, per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
Blocked Condenser Coils
The condenser coils are responsible for releasing heat from the refrigerant, and a blockage can prevent this from happening.
- Solution: Clean the coils by removing debris or buildup, and ensure nearby plants or other objects do not obstruct them.
The compressor is responsible for compressing and circulating the refrigerant, and a problem with it can prevent the system from cooling effectively.
- Solution: Have our professional check the compressor, as attempting to repair it yourself can be dangerous and may cause damage to the system.
Clogged Drain Line
The drain line is responsible for removing condensation from the unit, and a clog can cause water damage or mold growth.
- Solution: Clear the drain line by removing any debris or buildup.
The refrigerant is responsible for absorbing and releasing heat; a standard charge can prevent the system from cooling effectively.
- Solution: Have a professional add more refrigerant, as attempting to do so yourself can be dangerous and may cause damage to the system.
Contact our professionals for a detailed AC service in The Woodlands, TX, to ensure your refrigerant and all other components are optimal.
Weird noises from your air conditioner, such as banging, buzzing, thudding, whistling, etc., can signify a problem that needs to be addressed.
- Solution: Check the loose parts and tighten them, replace the worn fan belt, clean the fan blades or condenser coils, and replace worn bearings.
Damaged Evaporator Coils
The evaporator coils are responsible for absorbing heat from the air inside your home, and dirt buildup or damage can prevent the system from cooling effectively.
- Solution: Replace the coils with new ones.
Incompetent Fan Blades
The fan is responsible for circulating air throughout your home, and a problem can prevent the system from cooling effectively.
- Solution: Have a professional check the fan and repair or replace it if necessary.
A tripped breaker can cause the system to stop working. A tripped circuit breaker can be caused by various factors, such as a power surge, overloaded circuits, short-circuiting, or a malfunctioning appliance or device.
- Solution: Reset the breaker. Contact our qualified technician for further advice.
The Thermostat is Not Calibrated Correctly.
An incorrectly calibrated thermostat can prevent the system from cooling effectively. A faulty thermostat can cause the air conditioner to blow warm air or not turn on at all.
- Solution: Try recalibrating the thermostat or replacing the battery if it is a battery-powered thermostat. If these steps do not work, it may be necessary to replace the thermostat.
Incorrectly Sized Unit
An incorrectly sized unit can lead to poor cooling and increased energy costs.
- Solution: Have our professional evaluate your home and recommend an appropriately sized unit that can cool your living space effectively. Contact Valliere Air Conditioning & Heating, LLC, for comprehensive AC installation in Tomball, TX, and surrounding areas.
If your air conditioning unit emanates an odd smell, it is best to have a professional check-up to prevent further damage and avoid safety hazards. It could be anything from an electrical issue, mold buildup, or dead rodents or animals inside your unit. It is best to let a professional handle it.
Increasing Energy Bills
If your energy bills are increasing monthly, several components of your AC might be at play here.
- Solution: Try removing anything that restricts the airflow, closing windows and doors, and cleaning the air filters regularly to increase efficiency. Consider replacing your AC unit if it still doesn’t work.
Short cycling can cause your air conditioner to work harder than necessary, leading to decreased efficiency and increased energy bills. If you’re experiencing short cycling with your air conditioner, contact us for AC repair services in The Woodlands, TX. We offer diagnostics and repairs to fix short cycling issues.
A lack of insulation in your indoor space can prevent your air conditioner from working harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills and decreased efficiency.
- Solution: consider adding insulation to the walls, attic, and floors of your home or office.
AC is Not Turning On
If your air conditioner is not turning on, it could be due to various issues, such as a tripped circuit breaker, a blown fuse, a faulty thermostat, or a malfunctioning compressor.
- Solution: Check your circuit breaker and fuses, and inspect the thermostat and its settings. If the problem persists, contact a professional for AC repair services.
High humidity levels indoors can make your home or office feel stuffy and uncomfortable. It can be caused by dirty air filters, clogged drain lines, insufficient ventilation, or a malfunctioning air conditioner.
- Solution: Check the air filter, clean the drain line, and ensure the vents are open and clear.
Low humidity levels can cause dry skin, nosebleeds, and other health issues. It is often caused by overuse of air conditioners, dry air outside, and poor ventilation.
- Solution: Use humidifiers, keep the air conditioner at a higher temperature, and open windows and vents. If the problem persists, consider installing a humidifier in your indoor space by contacting Cypress, TX’s leading commercial HVAC company.
Visible Mold and Mildew Growth
Visible mold and mildew growth can signify high humidity levels in your home or office. It can also be caused by leaks or condensation in the air conditioning system.
- Solution: use dehumidifiers, improve ventilation, and address any leaks or condensation in the AC system. If you cannot fix the problem, contact a professional for inspection and repair.
The professionals at Valliere Air Conditioning & Heating, LLC have the knowledge and equipment to diagnose and fix the above problems, ensuring that your air conditioner runs efficiently and effectively. Don’t let any of these common issues lead to a breakdown and costly repairs.